Wednesday, March 30, 2011

From the Cutting Room Floor

Access is key in making a documentary, and some times to get that access you have to grab your opportunities as you see them.

One the wish list items I had hoped to include in my poutine documentary were short poutine testimonials from Canadian celebrities. The hard part of course is I don’t know any personally.

So I started emailing people, and hoping for the best. I emailed former Prime Minister Paul Martin, I tried Former pro wrestler Trish Stratus, I even traded a few promising emails with Kim Mitchell's Publicist, but nothing really worked out and I Shelved the idea for when I actually have some funding in place and a broadcaster lined up.

I did however find myself in the same room as Eric Longley last week, and I figured the local entertainment reporter / weather man is a great place to start, so I asked him about poutine, and this is what I got.

Will he make it into the finished Doc? Time will tell, but I would like to once again Thank Eric for being a good sport and helping out.

And again if you have 2 minutes of access it’s a great place to start.



No comments:

Post a Comment